Warts are very hard to get rid of with over-the-counter treatments, and if you aren’t careful you can spread them to other parts of your body. Depending on the location, warts can even be uncomfortable or painful. An effective wart removal option for these annoying spots is by using Fotona’s Er:YAG and Nd:YAG lasers.
The Fotona system has many different indications for laser podiatry. If you are interested in learning more about wart removal, the best thing to do is to contact our team at RNA Medical Aesthetics. We are conveniently located in Johnson City, TN, and we look forward to speaking with you!
Types of Warts
Warts are caused by the presence of the human papillomavirus (HPV). They appear as raised bumps on the skin that can be painful to the touch. Below are the most common types of warts that you may want to consider for wart removal:
- Common warts. These warts can appear almost anywhere, but they are generally visible on the hands and feet. They have a rough texture and they are usually darker than the surrounding skin.
- Plantar warts. These warts grow into the soles of your feet, as opposed to other warts that grow out of the skin. This wart appears as a small hole in the bottom of the foot that has hardened skin around it. This type of wart can make walking extremely uncomfortable.
- Flat warts. These can appear on the face, thighs, or arms, and they are quite difficult to detect. They are flat as opposed to common warts, which are rounded, and they are pink, brown, or yellow.
- Filiform warts. This look similar to a skin tag, and they appear on the face, neck, and under the chin. They usually appear as the same color as the surrounding skin.
- Periungual warts. These are particularly painful due to placement. They appear around the toenails and fingernails, and they can keep your nails from growing properly.
Wart removal with the Fotona laser is a good option if you have tried over-the-counter remedies with no success. Other reasons to consult with a professional for wart removal is if:
- The wart has grown in a sensitive part of the body or face
- The wart looks infected
- The color of the wart changes
- You have a condition like diabetes, HIV, or AIDS.
To discover the benefits of wart removal at RNA Medical Aesthetics, feel free to visit our practice in Johnson City, TN. We would be more than happy to discuss this treatment with you in further detail. Contact us today to schedule your consultation and get started!